17 December 2012

My newest love: Chicago Fire.

Since this series hasn't aired on Aussie TV yet (it's coming to Foxtel next year) I won't have any spoilers in this blog post. I really do hope the series comes to free-to-air TV after its Foxtel run! And I hope it is finished on Foxtel pretty quickly because I really want it to be released on DVD here!

Anyway... Why do I love this show? I initially started watching because our very own Jesse Spencer starred in the show, but I soon discovered that there is more to the fire station drama than its hot Aussie lead.

Here are my top 5 (or maybe 10 by the time I'm done, who knows!) reasons to watch this show when it reaches Aussie screens:

1. Jesse Spencer, obviously. He plays lieutenant fireman Casey. The American accent takes some adjusting to after his years as Dr. Robert Chase in House where he kept his native Aussie tongue. But it has convinced me enough to love him as the hunky life-saving guy with the helmet (and control of the firetruck siren).

2. The characters are lovable. And it features a stellar cast. Taylor Kinney (The Vampire Diaries, Rizzoli & Isles, oh and he's dating Lady Gaga), Monica Raymund (The Good Wife, Lie To Me), Lauren German (Hawaii Five-0) and David Eigenberg (Sex and the City) - just to name a few.

3. It's actually filmed in Chicago. A lot of shows (Bones, Castle, Rizzoli and Isles, Grey's Anatomy) that are filmed in Los Angeles claim to be filmed elsewhere, so it was a surprise to learn that the series is actually filmed in Chicago - and at a real fire station that is still in use! Jesse Spencer said in a recent Australian newspaper article that the cast often see the fireman get called out and talk to them from time to time. No wonder they come across as convincing firefighters!

4. The hotties. Definitely some eye candy going on for the female audience. Spencer and Kinney. Need I say more?

5. The romances. Like all dramas, this one is full of a few fiery flings, relationships and heartbreak. Not even two whole episodes in and I was already shipping two people like there was no tomorrow!

6. (Told you there'd be more than 5!) The writing. The storylines have always captured and managed to hold my attention. There is always something more going on than simply the fire or the rescue (yes, they do rescues and they have two paramedics on board as well).

7. It has been given the go ahead for a full season of 22 episodes. More to love, even if there isn't a second season. Here's hoping there is a second season though - I don't want to lose this quality drama just yet!

My to-watch list for tonight:

Season 3 episodes of Private Practice on DVD. I'm nearing the end of the season after a serious last two days of marathoning! Repeats on TV are pretty boring at the moment!

If there's anything you'd like to see me blog about, do let me know! I'd love to hear your thoughts (provided it's something I watch, I'd love to write about it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment